Arts organizations across the Front Range will be celebrating the 12th annual Denver Arts Week this month. From theater to museums and local galleries, Denverites can get their art fix with free days …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
Denver Arts Week features more than 300 events across the city and in museums throughout the Front Range. For more information on events happening from Nov. 2-10, go to the Visit Denver site at https://www.denver.org/denver-arts-week/.
On Nov. 3, the following museums will offer free admission from 5 to 10 p.m. Free shuttle information and routes to the museums can be found on the Visit Denver website.
• Denver Museum of Nature and Science, 2001 Colorado Blvd., www.dmns.org
• Denver Botanic Gardens, 1007 York St., www.botanicgardens.org
• Denver Art Museum, 100 W. 14th Ave. Parkway, www.denverartmuseum.org
• Byer-Evans House Museum and the Center for Colorado Women’s History, 1310 Bannock St., https://www.historycolorado.org/center-colorado-womens-history-byers-evans-house
• The Counterterrorism Education Learning Lab (CELL), 99 W. 12th Ave., www.thecell.org
• Clyfford Still Museum, 1250 Bannock St., www.clyffordstillmuseum.org
• History Colorado Center, 1200 Broadway, www.historycolorado.org
• Kirkland Museum of Fine and Decorative Art, 1201 Bannock St., www.kirklandmuseum.org
• Forney Museum of Transportation, 4303 Brighton Blvd., www.forneymuseum.org
• Black American West Museum and Heritage Center, 3091 California St., https://bawmhc.org/
• Museo Des Las Americas, 861 Santa Fe Drive, www.museo.org
• Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, 2121 Children’s Museum Drive, https://www.mychildsmuseum.org/
• Denver Fire Fighters Museum, 1326 Tremont Place, https://denverfirefightersmuseum.org/
Arts organizations across the Front Range will be celebrating the 12th annual Denver Arts Week this month. From theater to museums and local galleries, Denverites can get their art fix with free days and discounts from Nov. 2-10.
Many theaters, such as the Colorado Symphony and the Newman Center at the University of Denver, are offering discounted tickets. And galleries are having sales on art pieces starting at $52.80.
Over the last decade, Denver Arts Week programming has expanded to include all genres of art, said Jayne Buck, the vice president of tourism at Visit Denver. The event also helps to bring awareness and new audiences to the organizations that participate, she added.
“Denver Arts Week is the one time of the year to focus on the wide variety of arts and culture that we all have right in our own backyards,” Buck said. “Visit Denver invests in the marketing that targets the metro area and the region to increase awareness of the city’s vibrant arts and culture, and Denver Arts Week programming generates new audiences for the participating organizations, events and galleries.”
Many local neighborhoods will have special First Friday events during Denver Arts Week, including the Santa Fe Arts District, which will feature an inaugural parade on Nov. 2 for Dia de los Muertos. The Golden Triangle, Tennyson Street and River North will have First Friday events as well.
In addition to arts week events, Denver is hosting the annual Denver Film Festival, which runs through Nov. 11. This is the 41st year, and it is being held at the Sie Film Center at 2510 E. Colfax Ave. and other venues around the city. Visit www.denverfilmfestival.denverfilm.org.
Denver Fashion Week will also have events throughout the city from Nov. 4-11. Denver Fashion Week has events in fall and spring. The November event will include several workshops, as well as fashion shows highlighting local designers, hair and a show for teens and children. Workshops will be held at the McNichols Civic Center Building at 144 W. Colfax Ave., and shows will be at Lumenati, 3938 Jackson St. For more information, visit www.denverfashionweek.com.
A full list of Denver Arts Week programming can be found on the Visit Denver website, https://www.denver.org/denver-arts-week/.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.