Construction for the Central 70 project will continue through November with several closures. With holiday traveling on the horizon, here are some of this month’s construction activities on the …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
Construction for the Central 70 project will continue through November with several closures. With holiday traveling on the horizon, here are some of this month’s construction activities on the project. There will be closures on both Interstate 70, as well as local streets:
• The work on Brighton Boulevard was completed at the end of last month and the roadway between 44th Avenue and the I-70 ramps will reopen.
• The York Street on-ramp to westbound I-70 closed permanently last month. Motorists can access westbound I-70 from Steele/Vasquez.
• Lanes on I-70 between Quebec Street and Interstate 225 will shift. Overnight lane closures will be in place to accommodate this work.
• The Interstate 270 fly-over bridge construction will begin.
• Nighttime crews will be on Peoria Street and I-70 interchange for bridge construction.
• Construction on Colorado Boulevard and I-70 interchange will build temporary pavement for future traffic shift.
• 46th Avenue will become one lane in each direction in the existing westbound lanes between York Street and Colorado Boulevard for utility work.
• The Union Pacific Railroad will be performing work on the railroad tracks at York Street and 47th Avenue from Nov. 1-7, requiring the intersection to be closed.
• Grading activities will happen south of Swansea Elementary School.
Nighttime general construction activities will occur at the following locations:
• I-70 between Quebec Street and I-225 interchange
• Peoria Street and I-70 interchange
• Local Road, north of I-70, between Williams Street and Claude Court
•York Street between 45th and 47th avenues
• South of Swansea Elementary
Construction activities will be happening day and night. City law requires that activities occurring overnight be within the noise variance limits of 75 decibel hourly average with an allowable spike up to 86 decibels. To make a complaint about construction noise during the night, call the 24-hour hotline at 833-C70-INFO (270-4636). Residents may also call the city at 311.
The Colorado Department of Transportation anticipates that construction on the full Central 70 project will continue into 2022. For more information on the project, as well as to sign up for updates, visit www.c70.cdot.gov.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.